Thursday, April 18, 2013

101 in 1001 April Update


I'm actually rather impressed with myself with the progress I have made with completing the different things on my list. Of course, I still have a long way to go, but I have been able to cross off a few things already. See my list and the progress I've made so far, here.

1. Read 10 literary classics
I used a Barnes & Noble gift card that I got for Christmas to buy a copy of To Kill and Mockingbird. Emily says that it is her favorite book of all time, and really, you can't get a better recommendation than that! When I think about it, I'm very surprised that I had never read it before since I love southern lit. But I really, really liked it and I'm glad that I can add it to my library.

15. Take an exercise dance class
I was able to buy a LivingSocial deal for 5 classes at an Xtend Barre Studio. It was WAY more intense than I expecting, like I thought I was going to puke. Let me tell you though, I was definitely working some muscles!

37. Have our wedding featured on Southern Weddings
The most exciting thing that has happened since we got married is that our wedding was featured on Southern Weddings! Seriously, I was/am ecstatic! In the next few weeks, I plan to do some posts about our wedding and give you the link to our feature. Stay tuned!

54. Get a new banner for the blog
As you can see, I got a new banner for the blog! I bought it from here, best $15 I've spent in a long while!

86. Subscribe to 5 magazines
Just found out that Amazon sells magazine subscriptions too, who knew? So I had to go ahead and subscribe to two of my faves, Better Homes & Gardens and Country Living.


With the summer coming on, I know there will be a lot more things on the list that I can check off. Specifically:

10. Practice Clean Eating for 2 weeks straight
Trips to the Farmer's Market will be in order to make this happen. Maybe I'll even get some local milk! This site has inspired me.

40. Pick my own fruit at a farm
Strawberry season can't come soon enough! And you know that will lead to....

71. Make some kind of preserves
I'm kind of nervous to attempt this, I've definitely heard some canning horror stories. And who wants to waste all of that glorious fruit!? But I'm working on getting a whole Pinterest board dedicated to just canning, so hopefully I'll learn everything I need to do. Maybe I should just call my Nana, but sometimes I think she's somewhat appalled by the things that her grandchildren don't know how to do. (i.e. make biscuits that aren't from a can).

83. Make a wedding memory box
I'm working on getting all of our components together for this. I'm hoping to do a post about what I'm putting in the box, in the next couple of weeks.

What about you? Any plans now that the summer months are soon upon us?

1 comment:

  1. So glad you read To Kill a Mockingbird (or TKAM, as I like to call it!)!! Always happy to spread the love about that one :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! Let me know what you think!

 
site design by designer blogs