Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Vacation

Last week, Geoff and I, along with my family, traveled down to Georgia for my cousins wedding. We had a great time at the wedding, and while in Atlanta we visited the Georgia Aquarium, and then Geoff and I went down to Savannah for a couple of days.

Geoff and I at the wedding. I felt super southern with my seersucker dress and pearls. All I needed was a monogram somewhere.

The Georgia Aquarium (which happens to be the biggest in the world) was really fun and I would recommend it to anyone who is in the Atlanta area. 

 Here's Geoff and I in the deep sea exhibit where they had whale sharks (the largest fish in captivity). We sat and just watched this tank for about 20 minutes. It was really cool. 

 The jellyfish offered some great photo-ops.
 
This is one of my favorite pictures. This is my mom in front of one of the tropical fish exhibits. She was mesmerized.

After the aquarium, we said goodbye to my family and headed down to Savannah.

 Here's Geoff down on River Street.

A monument in one of the many squares.

 Our hotel was right across the street from Forsyth Park, so I had to get a (very bad) picture of the Park fountain (that was purchased out of a Sears and Roebuck catalog, by the way).

 I love stained glass and the Cathedral of St. John the Baptist had it in abundance.






 
We had dinner at The Olde Pink House one night and it was by far our favorite meal in Savannah. If you go, make sure you get the fried green tomato appetizer and the praline brittle basket dessert, AMAZING! And the service was exceptional.



 We also took a trolley tour with Oglethorpe Tours and really enjoyed it. There are about 3-4 different trolley tours in Savannah, but I chose this one because they also offered all-day shuttles to different stops throughout Savannah. During the two days that we used our passes, there was only once that we had to wait longer than 5 minutes for a shuttle.



The only picture of the two of us.
 
We stayed at the Mansion on Forsyth Park which is a Four Diamond luxury hotel. It was nice, but I wasn't completely satisfied with our stay. I would probably recommend staying somewhere more in the heart of the historic district. The Mansion is right on the edge and about a 15-20 minute walk to River Street. But I will say that the staff was very accommodating and friendly and the spa was wonderful.

via

All in all, our trip was enjoyable and it was fun to explore the city together, but we were definitely glad to be back home in our own bed!

What about you? Any summer vacation plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! Let me know what you think!

 
site design by designer blogs