Tuesday, January 14, 2014

101 in 1001 January Update

jacquelinebarkla


Well, it's been a full year since I began my 101 in 1001 list and although I'm not quite as far along as I would have liked, I have definitely made progress!

11. Train for and run a 5K
I actually tried this one! I was doing the Couch to 5K running plan and had gotten up to week 4 when I threw my back out. After going to the chiropractor, he said that running on a treadmill might have been a contributing factor :( So I'm going to hold-off on this while I try to strengthen my back more and maybe I can attempt it again in the future.

38. Go camping.
As I mentioned in this post, we did a lot of fun stuff with our Life Journey Group from church this past year. Granted, we went camping in the same county we live in, but we slept in an actual tent. I was in charge of food for the group and we made these awesome breakfast burritos that we cooked over the open fire. I felt like Laura Ingalls Wilder (except I'm pretty sure she didn't use aluminum foil).

60. Make over a piece of furniture.
This can be crossed off the list! Look for a post in the next week or so about how I made over a $30 Craigslist dresser into my new dining room buffet.

74. Make a meal plan for 12 weeks.
I am well on my way to completing this one and I give 100% of the credit to my new Emily Ley Simplified Planner. This is what I bought as my "Christmas present to myself" this year. (Please tell me I'm not the only one who does that.) Each day, there is an area for you to write down your dinner plan and on Sunday, there is even a reminder for you to plan your meals for the coming week. This has been life-changing. Already I have found myself less stressed at the end of the day because I no longer have to come up with something to eat at the last minute and we've already saved money from not going out to eat as much.

Things I want to work on in the coming months:

1. Read 10 literary classics.
I am embarrassed that I have only read one literary classic in an entire year. But don't think that was the only book I read last year! I read quite a bit, but they are mostly current books. Right now I'm reading a biography on Dietrich Bonhoeffer, but when I'm done with that, I want to read another classic. I'm open to suggestions!

25. Celebrate the Lenten Season
I want to be very purposeful this year in how I celebrate Lent. I want it to be meaningful and not an afterthought. That's why I want to start thinking about it now.

58. Sew Curtains
JoAnn's is having a super sale on all home decor fabric this weekend, so I think I'm going to finally go ahead and buy those six yards (gulp) of fabric I need to make curtains for our living room.

I'm excited about the things I have accomplished and even more excited about the things coming up. Hopefully I can be more regular about my updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! Let me know what you think!

 
site design by designer blogs