Thursday, January 30, 2014

Candy Heart Art DIY

With Valentine's Day coming up, I thought it would be nice to have a little Valentine's decor to brighten up the house and make it a little more festive. I made this little candy heart art in about 30 minutes, it was super easy.


Supplies Needed: 
  • Canvas (keep on eye out for sales at JoAnn's and Michael's, I got these canvases for 50% off)
  • Acrylic paint, I used Martha Stewart
  • Paintbrush
  • Candy Hearts
  • Glue gun
  • Mod Podge
  • Foam brush


The first step is to paint your canvas. The lighter the coat, the faster the dry time. 


The next thing I did was to go through the back of candy hearts and pick out the "pretty ones" you know, the ones that weren't broken and you could read the whole message. 

By the time I found enough hearts to use, the paint had dried on my canvas. I started placing the hearts on the canvas to get the spacing right. I didn't use a template for the heart shape, I just kind of eyed it. 

Then I went one by one and hot glued the hearts down.

Because I want to use this as decoration for years to come, I brushed the hearts with Mod Podge in order to seal it. Hopefully this should keep the hearts intact while in storage.


All that's left to do is to display it. I have mine on a little easel that I found at Goodwill a while back that I use all the time. But if you don't have an easel, you can just as easily lean it up against the wall (like how I have my Lindsay Letters Come Thou Fount canvas).



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! Let me know what you think!

 
site design by designer blogs