Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Heart Pin DIY

After seeing this post last week, I thought one of those hearts would look really cute as a pin to wear on Valentine's Day. I loved the look of the gold with the pink stitches and went about trying to recreate the look on my own.


Supplies Needed:
  • Gold leather (this is what I used, but it would have been easier to use a thinner gold material fyi).
  • Felt for back
  • Embroidery thread 
  • Needle
  • Safety pin
  • Pinking Shears
  • Heart template (I used a cookie cutter)
  • Batting (not pictured)

Using your template, trace a heart on both your gold material and felt, then cut out using pinking shears.


Stitch the safety pin onto the felt heart.


Begin stitching the two hearts together, but make sure to leave an opening so you can insert the batting before stitching the heart closed.


Once stitched closed, pin it on and head on out with your heart on your sleeve shirt.

P.S. As I was looking through some of my Valentine's pins on Pinterest, I ran across one that I pinned last year that gives a tutorial for felt heart pins. And here I thought I was being original. You might want to check it out, they have a heart template that could come in handy.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Ashley! They do add a festive flair to my outfit :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! Let me know what you think!

 
site design by designer blogs