Friday, January 17, 2014

The Friday Five

1. When I was in college, MLK day was a mandatory volunteer day for all students, faculty, and staff. It was for real one of my favorite days of the year, I have such good memories working alongside my friends and professor's, helping people in our community. This year I wanted to do that again, so on Monday I'll be working a couple of hours at the Greensboro Pregnancy Care Center. I know they're always looking for volunteers, so if you live in the area, it might be something to keep in mind.


2. My Dad scored us tickets to the NC State/Maryland basketball game on Monday night in Raleigh. Looking forward to seeing my family and cheering on the Pack!


3. If you like Jane Austen books, please let me recommend Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson. I think I finished it in 2 days. Let me clarify, I read it in 2, eight hours of reading and staying up until 2am, days. I really couldn't put it down, it was a good, clean, sweet, funny romance. I highly recommend it. 


4. I just got an email that my first Stitch Fix order has shipped! I am excited/nervous/scared. Excited because I don't know what they will be sending and nervous and scared for the same reason. I thought I would at least give it a try, especially when I realized all of my clothes were the same 4 colors (black, gray, burgundy, and purple). It is a just-for-fun splurge, but I'm hoping that it will get me to try something that I wouldn't have picked for myself. I'll do a post about what they send. If you're interested in signing up, please use my friend referral link here! Their blog has some great style tips too, like what kinds of necklaces go best with certain necklines. 


5. Tomorrow, JoAnn's is having a 50% off sale on all of their home decor fabric and then an additional 15% off of any fabric purchase. I think this is the perfect time for me to finally buy some fabric to make curtains for our living room. I'm just nervous to buy 6 yards of fabric, especially when I don't know exactly what I want. I tend to lean toward neutrals, but a bold color and pattern might be fun? I don't know. I'm hoping I get there and a particular fabric speaks to me. 


Five on Friday


5 comments:

  1. I've been so curious about Stitch Fix! Please share what you think! Happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely do a follow-up post. But I've heard good things from other people, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

      Delete
  2. Hey there beautiful! Hi from the linkup! LOVE your heart to serve...what an awesome place to serve too!!! :) And girl..thanks for the JoAnn's tip!!!! How FUN...loving that great deal! Happy weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elise! Hope you can take advantage of the JoAnn's sale!

      Delete
  3. Dropping by from the linkup! I've been intrigued by Stitch Fix and can't wait to hear your thoughts on it!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! Let me know what you think!

 
site design by designer blogs