Friday, January 24, 2014

The Friday Five

1. So like I mentioned in last week's Friday Five, I went to JoAnn's and finally purchased some fabric to make our curtains. It was a bit of an ordeal, having to go through all of the swatches and agonizing over my decision, but I placed the order and with all of the sales ended up saving over $150. The fabric came in yesterday and looks great. I ended up going with my gut and chose a neutral. It's similar to the one in the picture below on the right. I LOVED that fabric but it was $65 a yard! And no, I didn't see any gold flakes in it.


2. I wanted to get into the Valentine's Day spirit and decided to paint my nails with a pink and purple glittery nail polish. But then it was too sparkly, so I just did one finger on each hand (please disregard my atrocious cuticles).


3. Speaking of Valentine's Day, Target has some adorable Valentine's decorations. I want to go back and get this little bird on a bowl. 


4. I know it's a little late, but I finally decided on a 2014 wall calendar for our kitchen. I decided to get the Pieces and Patterns Calendar from 1canoe2. The colors just look so beautiful and I'm a sucker for anything patchwork quilt inspired. 

Pieces and Patterns Illustrated 2014 Wall Calendar

5. I don't know how it is where you are, but here in NC it is freezing! I think the high today is supposed to be 29 degrees?! I'm already dreaming of our June beach vacation. We'll be headed to one of my favorite places on earth, Nags Head, NC. I've been almost every year of my life and we always stay at a beach house called the Crow's Nest (which happens to be the same beach house my parent's were married at over 30 years ago.) Five months and counting!



Bonus: If you didn't see the post about my $30 Craigslist Dresser Make-over, make sure to check it out. I'm pretty proud of it!


Five on Friday

5 comments:

  1. I can't even comment one one thing...because I love ALL OF THIS!!! So much! Aaaah. You have awesome style. Seriously. Adore it. Love all of these lovely things you love! (And the new color of that dresser...swoon!) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elise! Your comments are so sweet!

      Delete
  2. Over from the link up...that dresser=SWOON! So amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Stormy! I took a peep at your blog and it looks lovely. I'll definitely be checking it out more this weekend!

      Delete
  3. {Visiting from the link up} What a sweet blog you have, girl!! Hooray for glittery accent nails ;) I adore the valentine bowl with the cutesy tiny bird!! I'm totally looking for that next trip to Target {which is always soon - lol}! Super cute calendar too! What a fun post!! Have yourself a fab week! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! Let me know what you think!

 
site design by designer blogs