Thursday, January 30, 2014

The Friday Five

1. We had a snow day yesterday, so I was able to stay home and work on some things that have been on my to-do list for a while. I finally got my closet reorganized and it looks great. After taking some things to the consignment store and Goodwill, I have so much room in my closet now! But it's looking kind of boring, so I'm thinking it might be fun to do a bold color or fun stencil in there. Maybe something like this?

Stencil a closet for fun!  eclecticallyvintage.com

2. I also made a batch of chocolate chip cookies yesterday when I was home from work. I use this recipe and it really is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe I've ever tried. A word of caution, you might want to half the recipe, otherwise, you'll end up like me and have 4 dozen cookies in a house with two people (not a good thing).

Absolutely, without a doubt, the BEST chocolate chip cookie recipe I've ever found.   They turn out perfect every time. I will never make another chocolate chip cookie recipe.

3. Valentine's Day is coming up and I'm trying to think of how we might celebrate. In the past, I'll usually make a nice dinner and then we'll exchange a small gift. Last year, we decided that we weren't allowed to spend more than $15 on a present, so we had to get creative. Geoff rocked it and got me "Movie Night in a Bag," it was a gift bag filled with a movie from the $5 bin at Wal-Mart (take time to look through, sometimes they have some good ones in there), a box of microwave popcorn and some boxes of candy (Buncha Crunch is my go-to). I loved it and was so impressed with his creativity! I've still got some time to think about it, but until then, I'll get into the holiday spirit by wearing my heart on my sleeve shirt. Check out my easy Heart Pin DIY.


4. After organizing my closet this week, I've caught the cleaning bug and want to start spring cleaning ASAP. But I think I'll be waiting a few weeks, so that it will warm up some and I'll be able to clean the windows and leave them open. Until then, I thought this list would be great to implement now.

Cleaning schedule

5. Super Bowl is this weekend! Like I mentioned earlier this week, the commercials and the food are my favorite part. I'll be making this dip to take to our friend's house. I made it for New Years and it's delish!

TPW_5137

Five on Friday

23 comments:

  1. Holy closet!! I am definitely inspired by this one! I think my closet needs a makeover! LOVE!! Have a fabulous weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, this closet has definitely gotten my creative juices flowing! Hope you have a great weekend too!

      Delete
  2. Love that chore chart! I am definitely pinning that one! Also, that dip look so good! Stopping by from the link up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good list, so that cleaning chart is definitely helpful (I could certainly use more organization in that area of my life). Have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope you have a great weekend too!

      Delete
  4. That dip looks AAAMAZING. And I totally wish I could stick to a cleaning schedule like that. Ugh! I tend to wait and do a deep clean all at once....like when people are coming over! ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am usually the same way Elise! But maybe if I stick to the list, my house can look "company-ready" all the time :)

      Delete
  5. AH! I love the "WERK" lettering in that closet... I think I need to up my closet game! Thanks for the dip recipe too - looks delish! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, that WERK sign cracked me up!

      Delete
  6. Joining you from Five on Friday and happy to be a new follower!! That closet is amazing and I cannot wait to see some before and after pics of your DIY!! Happy to "meet" you!
    Tiffany
    http://thiswholehouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Tiffany, glad to have you!

      Delete
  7. That closet is AMAZING!!!!! Wow! Have fun watching the commercials (I'm the same way :)) and that dip looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, the commercials are the best part! I already saw one with Tim Tebow, and it looks hysterical.

      Delete
  8. I thought the pic was of your closet...I was like 'wha? how is that boring?' But, I get it now - we're good. I love it, the stenciling is fabulous! Love decluttering.

    I really like that cleaning list, now if only somebody wanted to come do it for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish my closet was that awesome! And I know what you mean about wanting someone to come clean for you. I'm rarely in a cleaning mood, so when it hits, I try to capitalize on it as much as I can.

      Delete
  9. What an awesome closet! And a very creative Valentine's gift. I can never come up with ideas like that :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not so good at coming up with original ideas, but I'm great at copying other people's original ideas :)

      Delete
  10. I love the cleaning list!! I recently moved in with my Fiance, and trying to learn the keep a clean house. That list will work perfectly.

    Stopping by from 5 on Friday!! Have a great Super Bowl weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After my husband and I were married and moved in together, it definitely took some time to come up with a cleaning routine, but I think this list would definitely have helped. But even now, I find myself saying, how can two people make such a mess?!? :)

      Delete
  11. Love that closet! I wish I had a walk in and could do something like that! And I may have to use that cleaning list.. it doesn't seem so overwhelming when you break it down to each day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that closet- I want to go stencil my closet now!! I hear you about the list two- I have no idea how my house gets as messy as it does, I swear I clean everyday!! Stopping by from Five on Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The closet is fabulous!! I could make a meal out of that dip...followed by those scrumptious looking cookies for dessert! Mmm :) Hope you're enjoying a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! Let me know what you think!

 
site design by designer blogs