Friday, February 7, 2014

The Friday Five

1. I have slowly been working on organizing my recipe box. I've had to rewrite some recipe cards and I've also written some new cards with recipes I've found on Pinterest, (you can find my virtual recipe box here). I found some super cute Rifle Paper Co. recipe cards at TJ Maxx, but now I want to have a pretty recipe box to put them in. I've narrowed it down to the two below, what do you think?

I like how this one has a fun, vintage feel to it.

This one is more expensive, but it has a kind of heirloom quality about it that I like.

via

2. I'm pretty sure I'm making these doughnuts this weekend. Yes, I am the girl that registered for (and got!) a baked doughnut pan for our wedding. I've got the perfect pink and white sprinkles to go on top too. 

Double Chocolate Cake Doughnuts

3. I made this little printable for my kitchen gallery wall. It was my first time using Picasa, and I did not find it user friendly at all (but that could very well be my own ineptness), I guess I'll have to play around with it some more.


4. My nightly reading now consists of gardening books and seed catalogs in preparation for planting my first vegetable garden in a few weeks. Both my grandmother and Dad are excellent gardeners, so I'm hoping that some of their skill has been passed down to me. In the next week or so I'll be trying to start my seeds indoors (getting them to sprout inside before I plant them in the garden outside). And this weekend I am going to make a compost bin. Is it sad that I'm excited about dirt? Please say no.


5. Emily Ley is having a huge sale in her shop (up to 60% off). I got her Simplified Planner for Christmas and I absolutely LOVE it. I was also able to score this print before it sold out. I'll be glad to have it hanging in my house as a daily reminder, "I will hold myself to a standard of Grace, not perfection."

Grace Not Perfection Art Print - Original
via

Five on Friday

19 comments:

  1. Not at all sad about being excited about dirt! You will LOVE having your own garden. Having so much fresh produce on had is amazing. I like the print too! Happy Friday!
    Cat
    MaryMarthaMama.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cat! I am definitely excited :)

      Delete
  2. i'm inspired. :) i live on a huge farm and have yet to plant a garden. i'm planning a flower and vegetable garden this year. 2. i love LOVE the first recipe box. get it! 3. send those donuts to idaho. thank you! :) found you via the linkup. new reader!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with your garden! And I think I'm leaning towards that first recipe box too. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. Hi there! I found you on the link up today :)
    I like the wooden recipe box better than the tin one, but they are both so cute! Those donuts look so good...mmmm!

    Have a great weekend,
    Katelyn
    http://realhousewifeofgreenville.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Katelyn! I'm hoping the donuts taste as good as they look.

      Delete
  4. Found you on the link up! I love that floral recipe box, so pretty!! Try Picmonkey instead of Picasa for your next printable, its super user friendly!! :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caitlyn! I've used Picmonkey to edit some of my pictures, but I haven't tried it for printables. And I agree, I like it much better. Thanks for visiting, I discovered your blog last week through the link up and I love it!

      Delete
  5. Visiting from he link up. I LOVE that first recipe box! Where did you find it????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chrissy, thanks for visiting! The recipe box is from the Southern Weddings Shop, link here: http://www.southernweddingshop.com/collections/kitchen/products/citrus-floral-tin-recipe-box

      Delete
  6. My vote is for the first recipe box! It's so cute...I even pinned it on my wish list board! My birthday is next month, so maybe someone will see it and buy it for me ;)

    Those doughnuts! WOW! My husband would love me even more if I made those this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this post! thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelli! I enjoyed reading your blog too!

      Delete
  8. I love the idea of a garden, but I kill all things plant. Maybe one day...

    Doughnut pan! Awesome sauce =) I'd probably make way too many.

    I like the first recipe box just a wee bit more than the second, but they both rock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have the best record with plants either Courtney, but I am determined this year. And the good thing about that doughnut recipe is that it only makes 10 doughnuts and I'm planning on sharing :)

      Delete
  9. Have you tried to use pic monkey? It's a free site that has been easy for me to use so far. Have a great weekend girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've used Pic Monkey for touching up photos, but I haven't thought of using it for making printables. I'll definitely keep that in mind, thanks!

      Delete
  10. That tiny little
    recipe box looks so adorable. I really loved it. And yes, those doughnuts look so delicious.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! Let me know what you think!

 
site design by designer blogs