Like many other girls linking-up with Five on Friday, I am displaying this photo to show support and raise awareness for little Teddy Fish who is suffering from a rare genetic disease. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. You can read more about Teddy here.
1. SNOW! We got a ton of snow here on Wednesday and Thursday, the most we've ever gotten in the 7 years I've lived here. The city has been shut down and G and I have both been home from work. It's been nice to have the days off and yesterday I was a complete bum and read and baked cupcakes, but this weekend I plan on being very productive and finishing up a couple of my February Goals.
2. We were worried that we would get some ice and possibly lose power. So in preparation for that possibility, I gathered flashlights, candles and blankets. I thought it appropriate for these two to be together.
3. Whenever we have snow days, I usually end up baking. Yesterday it was Red Velvet cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting. Today it's going to be these bad boys, Lemon Raspberry Pie Crust Hearts.
4. One of the things I hope to work on this weekend is my kitchen gallery wall. I've been collecting some food-themed art for this space and I hope it turns out like I envision it. Although it won't be in our eating area, I'm totally inspired by this gallery wall.
5. Question: What is your opinion of faux taxidermy? Too much of a fad? Totally awesome? Personally, I go back and forth. But then I found this and think it might just be the best thing ever.
Happy Valentine's Day! And to my fellow Southerner's, stay safe and warm!