Friday, February 14, 2014

The Friday Five


Like many other girls linking-up with Five on Friday, I am displaying this photo to show support and raise awareness for little Teddy Fish who is suffering from a rare genetic disease. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. You can read more about Teddy here.


1. SNOW! We got a ton of snow here on Wednesday and Thursday, the most we've ever gotten in the 7 years I've lived here. The city has been shut down and G and I have both been home from work. It's been nice to have the days off and yesterday I was a complete bum and read and baked cupcakes, but this weekend I plan on being very productive and finishing up a couple of my February Goals.
























2. We were worried that we would get some ice and possibly lose power. So in preparation for that possibility, I gathered flashlights, candles and blankets. I thought it appropriate for these two to be together.
























3. Whenever we have snow days, I usually end up baking. Yesterday it was Red Velvet cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting. Today it's going to be these bad boys, Lemon Raspberry Pie Crust Hearts.

lemon raspberry pie crust hearts

4. One of the things I hope to work on this weekend is my kitchen gallery wall. I've been collecting some food-themed art for this space and I hope it turns out like I envision it. Although it won't be in our eating area, I'm totally inspired by this gallery wall.

Artistic Expression

5. Question: What is your opinion of faux taxidermy? Too much of a fad? Totally awesome? Personally, I go back and forth. But then I found this and think it might just be the best thing ever.

The Lydia | Stag Deer Head | Faux Taxidermy | White w/ Bronze Antlers

Happy Valentine's Day! And to my fellow Southerner's, stay safe and warm!

Five on Friday

17 comments:

  1. Love love love the faux deer head...it's a must!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm thinking it might be a must too :)

      Delete
  2. I'm loving the faux deer head too!! I don't know that I would be able to pull it off, but I would def. swoon over it in someone else's home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! It would be unexpected in my house, but that's what would make it fun I think. Now I just have to talk my husband into it :)

      Delete
  3. I love WFT...so much. My fiancé is a hunter so I feel the day we have a house big enough to display some of his "prizes" we will have to put them somewhere...ahh! haha...and i love that you baked! i did too...baking and snow just works. Happy Valentine's Day! Xx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband doesn't hunt, but I think he would prefer a real deer's head as opposed to the faux. Happy Valentine's Day to you too! Enjoy your baked goods :)

      Delete
  4. That's funny. I made pie crust hearts the other day too! Except I used Black Currant Jam. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm going to try using a jam filling next time. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Lemon raspberry pie crust hearts?! those looks so delicious! Stopping by from the link up, have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your house in the snow looks glorious!!! Absolutely beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elise! Snow makes everything look pretty :)

      Delete
  7. Your house looks so pretty and cute in the snow! Good idea baking while stuck inside! Sounds yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a good idea in theory, but not so good for my thighs :) But it is yummy!

      Delete
  8. Your home is gorgeous, I loved scrolling through your five!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for supporting #TeamTeddy!!xoxo Alex

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! Let me know what you think!

 
site design by designer blogs