Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Wedding Wednesday: Bridal Tea & Rehearsal

In my last Wedding Wednesday post, I talked about my Bachelorette Party/Lingerie Shower that I had on the Thursday before our wedding. The next day, Friday, was jam-packed with wedding preparations, a bridal tea, and our rehearsal and rehearsal dinner.

Friday morning, a couple of my bridesmaids, a few local girlfriends and myself, headed over to the church to get everything set up for the wedding and reception. To save on money, we did not have a wedding planner (we just had a day-off coordinator), so all of the preparation and planning fell on me. I will admit that it was rather stressful trying to get everything prepared and set up that morning, but fortunately, all of the important stuff got done. I absolutely could not have gotten it done without the help of my friends.

That afternoon, my bridesmaids and I headed to the O'Henry Hotel for tea. My Mom met us there as well as my cousin and my remaining bridesmaids who were just getting into town. It was a great time for us to just relax and enjoy each other's company (especially since we don't get to be together often). I also used this time to give them their gifts, a pashmina for them to use the next day at the reception and some heart-shaped sunglasses :)



















































The food was excellent. We all got the Light Afternoon Tea which included a scone with clotted cream and jam, cucumber sandwiches, assorted sweets, and of course tea. If you are in the Greensboro area, I can't recommend the O'Henry enough, the food is delicious, the service is excellent, and the hotel itself is beautiful.

That's me on the right, as you can tell by my expression, I was super excited about the food.


L-R: My cousin, Melanie; my Mom; Me; my sister and bridesmaid, Grace; my bridesmaid, Natalie; my Maid of Honor, Katie; my bridesmaid, Heidi; and my bridesmaid, Becca.

After tea, my bridesmaids and I went and got our nails done; again, just a fun time to relax and catch-up. Then we headed back to the church for the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. 

The rehearsal was quick and easy, our day-of coordinator and pastor kept everyone in line and we were done in no time.


I love this picture that my Maid of Honor caught of us as we left the church.


For our rehearsal dinner, we wanted to keep things pretty casual and laid-back (we're casual people). We had the dinner at the church Fellowship Hall and we decided to invite not only the wedding party and our immediate families, but our extended families as well. All of my family and a good many of Geoff's family were coming in from out of town, so we thought it would be nice to invite them since they were coming all that way just for us. 

We served NC Barbeque from our favorite local Barbeque place with all of the fixin's (cole slaw, baked beans, mac & cheese, and my favorite, hushpuppies). For dessert we had peach cobbler and I surprised Geoff with his Groom's cake. I thought the rehearsal dinner would be the perfect time to have it since we were already having a dessert buffet at the reception. He had no idea what it was going to be, but he was pleased with what I chose. He's a graduate and die-hard fan of NC State University, so I had the baker make the cake in the shape of the NC State emblem.


At the end of the dinner, my Mom and sister surprised us by putting together a little slideshow of the two of us, I loved it! (The YouTube video is below, but it won't hurt my feelings if you don't watch it. It's 12 minutes of pictures of us. But I have to say, that picture of my husband as a 3 year old in front of the General Lee is adorable!)



So the day before our wedding was crazy with activity, but we had such a good time spending time with our family and friends and catching up with them. We felt so loved to have them all there to celebrate with us. 

Love Always, Nancy J

Wedding Wednesday

8 comments:

  1. awww. i just love reading other's wedding stories. it makes me remember all the little details of mine. so sweet. showing some linkup love…new reader!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you had tea with your maids. I haven't decided if we are doing that yet, but I love what you did. So cute! I can't wait to see what your wedding and reception were like!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Kristyn! I'll start the wedding pictures next week :)

      Delete
  3. Loved reading this! It's making me so giddy thinking about my wedding this summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations Ashley! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. That is so nice that you and your bridesmaids had tea and got your nails done! I bet it was so lovely and fun! I wish I had tea with my girls, too. Kinda jealous right now haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like such a lovely day! My day before is full of similar activities and I hope ours is just as chill! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! Let me know what you think!

 
site design by designer blogs