Monday, March 3, 2014

Hope During Loss

I apologize for the radio silence last week, my husband's grandfather, Poppaw, passed away last Tuesday and my time was taken up with funeral arrangements and spending time with family.

Having not been close with either of my grandfather's (they both died when I was younger), I felt blessed to gain a grandfather when I married my husband and Poppaw truly made me feel like I was one of his own. Poppaw celebrated his 94th birthday on Feb. 8 and lived a long, full life. He grew up during the Great Depression and was a World War II veteran who fought on the front lines.

This is Poppaw with my nephew Will, Christmas 2012.

A child of the Great Depression he knew the value and responsibility that went into a hard day's work. He believed in quality, not cutting corners, and salvation through Jesus Christ. These are values that he instilled in his son and grandsons. I was blessed to have known him.

We will miss him greatly, but we have hope in knowing that we will see him again someday.


"O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?" For sin is the sting that results in death, and the law gives sin its power. But thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ.  1 Corinthians 15:55–57


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! Let me know what you think!

 
site design by designer blogs