Friday, March 7, 2014

The Friday Five

1. Last year, Pier 1 had the cutest little white dessert plates that had lace looking edges, they called them Doily Plates. I loved them, but never ended up buying any. I stopped in this week in hopes that they had them again and I was in luck! They are so cute! I bought four, but I think I might go back and buy four more, they're $6 each, so not too bad.


2. Do you like personality tests? I love them! Blogger Leigh Kramer is doing a really interesting blog series about the Enneagram Personality Test and Blogging. I can't wait until she gets to my personality (according to the Enneagram, I am a 9, "The Peacemaker"; and with the Myers-Briggs, I am an ISTP).

The Enneagram and Blogging via Leigh Kramer

3. Call me a nerd, but Catching Fire comes out on DVD today and I am SO EXCITED!!!! I am a huge Hunger Games fan and I thought that the Catching Fire film was so good! Just as good as the book. On my way home from work tonight, I am stopping by Target to buy the DVD, some microwave popcorn (to entice my husband to watch it with me) and some dark chocolate m&m's. Best. night. ever.


4. Last Saturday I had the pleasure of attending a calligraphy class led by Lauren of Blue Eye Brown Eye. It was so much fun! I was hoping that I would be a natural and pick it up effortlessly, but alas, that did not happen. So I'll be doing a lot of practicing and (hopefully) improving.

southern-wedding-calligraphy-workshop

5. Oh my gosh, a brand new Homegoods store is opening near me this weekend. I can literally walk out my front door and into the new Homegoods in 10 minutes. This is either the best thing ever or the worst thing ever, I'm not sure yet (but I can already tell you which one my husband thinks it is :) ). I was able to peek in the front windows a few days ago and it looks glorious. I've never even been to a "real" Homegoods, I've only ever been to a TJ Maxx/Homegoods combo, so I am super excited. A friend and I are going on opening day (of course).



Five on Friday

9 comments:

  1. A calligraphy class! How fun!!! Amazing!
    Happy weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE those plates! I was just thinking about maybe getting a few new dishes for Easter dinner. Thanks for sharing your great find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CATCHING FIRE WAS SO SO SO GOOD! I've been watching it on bootleg online I loved it so much! Have a great weekend :)

    Tattered to Taylored

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Elise...so FUN. I would LOVE to learn calligraphy :) Xx.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I have been dying to take a calligraphy class. I think that is so fun! Also, I am so into personality tests...I just love taking them so I am going to have to check this out! Thanks for sharing! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always wanted to take a calligraphy class! I know I would be SO bad in the beginning though.

    Be prepared to spend A LOT more money now that the best store ever is so close to you! Seriously, Home Goods is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those plates are so beautiful!!! Congrats on the Home Goods, best store ever!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those doily plates are gorgeous!! And yeah, for $6, why wouldn't you buy them? :) I can definitely imagine serving a dainty dessert on those!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to get a copy of Catching Fire!! It was SO GOOD. And I love those plates, so cute! (=

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! Let me know what you think!

 
site design by designer blogs