Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Wedding Wednesday: Getting Ready

I've shared with you about my Bachelorette party, Bridal Tea, and Rehearsal Dinner. Now it's time for the Main Event! (Imagine me saying that like a boxing ring announcer.)

I spent Friday night in a hotel with my bridesmaids and family and on Saturday morning woke up early (like before the sun came up, early) to start getting ready for my day. My hair stylist came to the hotel to do my hair (much more convenient than going to the salon which was on the other side of town). Funny story, I had planned all along to wear my hair up on my wedding day, I even had a hair trial where she styled it up, but on the morning of the wedding, I decided to change it. Even though I had planned all along on wearing my hair up, I was nervous about it. I never wear my hair up, and I was worried that I wouldn't look like myself, but I also worried that wearing it down would make me look too casual or young or something. After talking to my bridesmaids and going back and forth, I finally decided to wear it down. The argument that finally convinced me? "But Laura, Kate Middleton wore her hair down on her wedding day." Ha!

After getting my hair done, my bridesmaids and I headed to the church to finish getting ready. My maid of honor did my make-up and she did an excellent job, seriously, she should be become a make-up artist. I don't wear a lot of make-up so I didn't want to look overdone or too made up (a sentiment my husband expressed to me multiple times in the days leading up to the wedding), but I still wanted to look my best. I trusted her implicitly and like I said, she did a great job.



Something special that I wore on my wedding day was my Mom's pearl necklace. My Nonna (what we called our grandmother) had given them to my Mom on her wedding day and now my Mom was passing them down to me. Mom even found a picture that I had never seen before of my Nonna putting the pearls on my Mom on her wedding day. Mom also embroidered a handkerchief for me with my new monogram and wedding date, I used it as my something blue.










My sister helping me put on my garters. I had two, one for tossing and one for keeping.

My MOH, Katie, helping me put on my veil.

I just remember my getting ready time as being a lot of fun with a lot of laughing and no stress. The perfect way to start my wedding day. I seriously have the best girlfriends in the world. 

I got all the girls these heart glasses to wear during the reception, but we decided to try them out before the ceremony :)

While the girls were getting ready upstairs, the boys were downstairs getting ready. 



After we were all ready, we headed outside for some pictures. It was a GORGEOUS day, we had prayed for months that the weather would be nice and I couldn't have asked for better!

 



Next week I'll be sharing our first look and our pictures together.

Dress: WattersToo
Shoes: Nine West
Veil: Shirley Renee Designs on Etsy
Groom's Suit: Tommy Hilfiger 

Love Always Nancy J

Wedding Wednesday

4 comments:

  1. These pictures are so great! I love that necklace you wore and the pictures that went with it. Beautiful!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG the pearls had me tearing up! How perfect are they with that photo from your mom's wedding?!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your dress photo, the sparkly shoes...love love love! and the pearls how sweet! thanks for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so beautiful! Great photos! I especially love the story behind the pearls - how special!!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! Let me know what you think!

 
site design by designer blogs