Tuesday, September 2, 2014

September 2014 Goals

I feel change a'comin. Maybe it's the slight coolness we've started to feel here in the south. Or maybe it's the fact that I have so many plans for this coming month. Or maybe it's because I know fall is right around the corner.

Fall apple picking
source unknown

I'll be honest, I have always been a Spring kind of girl, but over the past couple of years, fall has started to find a special place in my heart. I think a big part of that has to do with the fact that we were married in the fall. On those sunny autumn days with a chill in the air, I'm instantly transported back to our wedding day and it makes me happy.

So the last time I posted a monthly goals list was all the way back in March, so I'll just recap that goals list.
  • Style bookcases in living room. Check! I am so pleased with how they turned out! I'll definitely have to do a post with pictures and a little tutorial on how I decided to style them. 
  • Build raised bed and plant garden. Check. But sadly my garden did not do too well this summer. But the good thing about raised beds is that they are really easy to plant year after year, so I can try again next year and hopefully have better luck.
  • Celebrate Lent. I give myself a half a check for this one. I did attend Ash Wednesday services, but I was not consistent in observing through the 40 days. 
  • Wash all of the windows (this one scares me). Nope. Still scares me. 
  • Hang shelves in Dining room. Check! Finally! This one took me so long to actually complete, but they turned out exactly how I wanted. This is another project that I owe you a post about. You can see a sneak peak here on Instagram. 

September Goals:
  • Finish picture ledges to hang above the bookcases.
  • Write a post about the bookcases and the shelves in the Dining room.
  • Clean out the spare bedroom.
  • Have a Yard Sale!
  • Make and stick to a monthly budget.
  • Start doing research about a possible new project.

Oh September, I have so many plans for you, I've got to make every day count! What about you? Do you have any big plans for this month?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! Let me know what you think!

 
site design by designer blogs