Friday, March 6, 2015

Baby Barham's Colorful Nursery Inspiration

I am currently 25 weeks pregnant, so I only have a couple of months left until our son is here. I now understand why God gives us 9 months to prepare for a baby. There is just so much to do! Right now I am focusing on the nursery decor. 



Above is a little inspiration board that I whipped up (tech savvy I am not, so please pardon the imperfections. I used this easy to follow tutorial). I don't have any particular theme in mind, I feel like kids can really grow out of theme rooms and I wanted to do something that could work for the next few years. I'm really just focusing on making a fun, colorful nursery using mostly navy and red with pops of green and yellow. 

I also plan to do a lot of DIY projects for the space. I didn't find any bedding that I liked, so I'm going to make my own crib bumpers using the arrow print fabric shown above. I also want to make my own lighted marquee sign (probably my most challenging undertaking), but paint it red rather than gold. I also want to make the hot air balloon mobile using the colors of the room. So like I said, I have a lot of projects planned, I'm crossing my fingers that I get everything done before the baby arrives.  

I honestly haven't done anything to the room other than try and get it cleared out. The room we're using as the nursery has pretty much been a storage room ever since I moved in (my husband calls it the junk room). So I've spent the past couple of weeks organizing and purging. I'm planning on having a yard sale in a couple of weeks, so hopefully I'll be able to get rid of a lot of the stuff that is in there now. I have a lot to do, but I'm glad I have a clear vision of how I want to decorate the nursery!

1 comment:

I love getting comments! Let me know what you think!

 
site design by designer blogs