Friday, March 13, 2015

The Friday Five

1. I know I'm kind of a crazy person, but I am making an Easter basket this year for my child who will not even be born yet. But that's ok, I'm filling it with things he can use next year like this book, this hat (SO cute, right?!), and this little stuffed bunny. If anyone is still looking for ideas to fill an Easter basket, I recommend all three of these items.


2. I am stoked about Shauna Niequist's new devotional book, Savor: Living Abundantly Where You Are, As You Are. I'm a big fan of her books; Bread and Wine was one of my favorite books that I read last year and I'm in the middle of reading Cold Tangerines now. Something about the way she writes and the things she writes about really resonate with me. I highly recommend her books and I'm sure I'll say the same about Savor too. Also, doesn't it look really pretty?


3. Tomorrow I'm going with some girlfriends to see the new Cinderella movie. I'm sure the theater will be filled with tons of little girls, but I don't mind, their excitement gets me excited :) I love a good fairy tale and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is a good remake!


4. Am I the only one that sometimes forgets that they have cookbooks at the library? It's a great way to peruse a cookbook before making the decision to buy it. I have a ton of cookbooks on my Amazon wishlist, I find most of them through cooking blogs or magazine articles. But I prefer to look through them before purchasing, you know, just to make sure that they include recipes that I would actually make. Sure you can do that at the bookstore, but I prefer borrowing them from the library so I can actually try a recipe or two. My library finally got a cookbook that has been on my wishlist for years, The Back in the Day Bakery Cookbook. Back in the Day Bakery is a bakery in Savannah, Georgia that makes old-fashioned southern baked goods, which is right in my wheel-house. I'm looking forward to making some of their recipes this weekend. 


5. I wish I had the extra funds to sign up for this online course. Nesting Place is one of my favorite home decor blogs, I especially love their tagline, "It doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful," and I think the term "Cozy Minimalist" describes my decorating style exactly. Are you a cozy minimalist? Hop on over to Nesting Place and find out.


Linking up with: 


1 comment:

  1. I love that your making a basket for your unborn child – SO cute! And you can show them pictures later on.. definitely remembering this :) I saw a pre showing of Cinderella and it’s fabulous; you will definitely have a great girls night out! Those slippers are to die for!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! Let me know what you think!

 
site design by designer blogs